Thursday, 15 November 2012

Layout makeover with Patio Party!

PATIO PARTY! This has to be my favourite designer series paper from the new Stampin' Up! catalogue (p165) so far.  In fact, I love it so much, I am ready to order some more!  Aside from the designs being fun and fresh featuring the new in-colours, the designs are so versatile you can use it for a wide variety of project themes!


Initially I was thinking birthday cards and other celebratory themes.  But then i realised it would have been perfect for my BOAT TRIP layout that i did a few months ago!  I confessed to a good friend of mine that I wanted to redo my layout. I was met with an exasperated text message of "Oh, dear Lord!" Besides making me laugh, i knew deep down she knew why I HAD TO DO THIS!

And here it is!  I didn't need to use much of the Patio Party papers for this layout, so it just goes to show these packs really go a long way. I used the Fun Flowers Bigz L die (p193) to make the flower and popped an Antique Brad in to finish it off. I have not veered away from the original layout. All i have done is use a different colour scheme and introduced Patio Party paper to give the layout a makeover. You can view the original Boat Trip layout here.  




I created my own date tag by cutting a small piece of the Crumb Cake card stock and sponging the edges with Soft Suede ink.  I also added the rounded corners with the 5mm Corner Punch (p183). The stamp set i used is So Many Sayings (retired) and again, i used the Soft Suede ink. It's such a simple little tag and so easy to make.  It's amazing how sponging the edges with a darker ink creates such a lovely effect.
  

I used the same technique for the journalling tag. Again, the stamp set i used is the retired So Many Sayings. 


I was surprised how easily i could create a simple embellishment by putting the Patio Party paper through the Big Shot with the Fun Flowers' Bigz L die and then adding in a brad through the centre.



If you haven't explored the beautiful range of designer series papers, my guess is that once you try them, you will wonder how you ever survived without them.  They give projects an instant injection of colour and design detail.

Stampin' Up!® suppliesStamp Set: So Many Sayings (retired). Classic Stampin' Pad (Soft Suede). Card Stock (Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit). Papers: (Patio Party Designer Series Paper). Accessories (Antique Brads)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan - thanks for your kind comments on my blog. Love your page too and your photos are lovely. I'll be following your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments and appreciate them muchly.