Tuesday, 6 November 2012

But isn't this a paper crafting blog?


Beef and green bean stif-fry with shredded nori and toasted sesame seeds.

So you may be wondering, why am I posting up a food photo?  This is a paper crafting blog, I hear you saying! 

Allow me to explain.  When I started this blog, I wanted to share the fun of my paper crafting creations.  But I had always intended to someday share my other two loves - food and photography. And that is why I chose the name THE MAKING TABLE, it's about making cards, making layouts, making food, and most importantly, making memories.   

Those who know me, are well aware that I have been on a non-stop roller coaster ride for the past 12 years trying to unravel the mysteries of my food allergies. It has taken me on an intense ride that has been emotionally and physically challenging in so many ways.

I am now embarking on my latest challenge.  Grain Free eating.  Oh my goodness.  I thought going gluten free, dairy free, corn free, soy free, sugar free etc etc was hard.  Grain free in addition to all my other "frees" is a tough one.

This little adventure of mine to eat grain free is new way of eating, which means a new way of cooking.  

To make it a little more fun, I would like to take photos of the new grain free dishes I create myself, and of the recipes i try from grain free blogs.

Initially, I won't be posting up any recipes, but you can message me if you would more details. I will leave the recipe posting to the professional food bloggers, like Emma from My Darling Lemon Thyme

I stumbled across Emma's blog earlier this year and was fully inspired by her passion for healthy healing foods and recipes, gorgeous photography, and her willingness to share her knowledge and wisdom with others. Also, i am mentioning My Darling Lemon Thyme for no other reason than because I am a big fan :)   

The Making Table will still be about all things crafty, but with occasional food photography thrown in for good measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your comments and appreciate them muchly.