Thursday, 8 November 2012

Glittery cards for Christmas.

The magic of Christmas is something i look forward to every year, especially now that I have two little boys who's excitement about Christmas is extremely contagious. 

I know that it is only November, but i am already in Christmas card making mode. It was time to start thinking about my designs for this year's cards! After flicking through the new catalogue, I was inspired and couldn't wait to get started.
     
Here are my three designs for Christmas 2012! I used these designs in a recent Christmas stamp-a-stack where everyone made 3 cards in each of the 3 designs, which meant they walked away with 9 lovely handmade cards in total! Not too shabby for a few hours crafting.

This first card was inspired by a 2010 card design by Wendy Todd, a Stampin' Up Demonstrator in Sydney. I wanted to make a card with baubles but without the necessary stamps or punches, I decided to improvise by using the large snowflake stamp (Snow Swirled stamp set) and the 4.4cm circle punch. The top of the bauble was made with the 1.3cm circle punch which i glued half way behind the large baubles.  I also used the Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter to add a little bit of sparkle. I like sparkle, i mean, who doesn't?  

Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Very Vanilla.  Stamp Set: Snow Swirled. Inks: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler. Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds glitter, string (retired), dimensionals.


The second design features a row of three cute little gift boxes. This was a very quick and easy card to make. 

I used the 3.2cm square punch to create the inside squares from the "Be of Good Cheer" designer series paper, and then using the 3.5cm square punch in Cherry Cobbler card stock to frame the present boxes. For the bows, I used the 1cm Stitched Satin Ribbon in Gumball Green and glued them on with glue dots.

I wanted this card to show the fun and festive designs in the "Be of Good Cheer" designer series paper pack.  There were so many great designs that it was not easy choosing just three!

Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla.  Designer Series Paper: Be of Good Cheer.
Stamp Set: Accessories: Stitched Satin Ribbon in Gumball Green, glue dots.

The third design uses the very elegant Christmas tree from the Snow Swirled stamp set. I fell in love with this gorgeous tree last year and have had my eye on it since. I stamped the tree with Old Olive ink and added the Rhinestone Basic Jewels and Stampin' Glitter to make it really sparkle. 

I used a strip of the "Be of Good Cheer" designer series paper on top of a strip of Old Olive card stock which has added another element to the card.  So there you have it, a simple design with a glitzy tree.


Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Old Olive.  Designer Series Paper: Be of Good Cheer.
Stamp Set: Snow Swirled. Accessories: Jewel Rhinesones, Stampin Glitter.

These simple card designs show how you can create three distinctly different cards with just one set of Designer Series Paper, and one stamp set.  The Season's Greeting stamp from Snow Swirled could have easily been used in the triple gift box card too :)

Thanks for visiting, and I hope you have been inspired to get cracking on your Christmas card making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your comments and appreciate them muchly.