Tuesday, 13 November 2012

What about grain free rice?

I was talking to one of my good friends from high school last week, and it was so good to catch up on the latest goings ons in our lives. It's hard to believe we used to see eachother almost everyday, and nowadays, I'm lucky to see her once a year! It is a distance thing.

These days, instead of the girly giggles about the latest cute boys we have a crush on, it's more about "grown up" stuff... like the kids, bills, home life, and food ideas. 

The conversation turned to more "mature" matters when i told her about my plan to eliminate grains from my diet to heal my body. Although she won't have realised it, her suggestion for grain free rice was rather inspirational and has motivated me to look further into mock fried rice using vegies.
     
I spent many hours over the weekend searching for grain free recipes and ideas. There is so much out there, but it really is a matter of getting a good range of easy, filling recipes that i can refer to at anytime.  
    
Friday night was Vietnamese Pho night - without the rice noodles. Can I say, I really missed the noodles to start with, but overall it was a tasty meal which the kiddies enjoyed. They asked for seconds which is always a good sign. 

Vietnamese Pho (Sue Style): Wombuk, Brocollini, Beef with fresh coriander, mint and lime juice.

When you finely chop up cauliflower and then pan fry it, you end up with a yummy mock fried rice. Great as a light lunch. This is what i had for lunch today. The side of pan-fried pumpkin was a tasty sweet addition.


Mock Fried Rice made with finely chopped Cauliflower, Yellow Squash and Shallots,
with a side of thinly sliced pan-fried pumpkin.

I also spent some time this weekend making a card for a friend of mine, and I can't wait to share it with you! But first, I have to wait for her to receive it before i post up the photos. Don't want to spoil the surprise.

I got out my embossing powder and heat tool and embossed away like you wouldn't believe. I must have gone a little bit crazy as I dropped my entire VersaMark ink pad into my embossing powder. If you have used a VersaMark ink pad, you will know how sticky it is, and will understand why i let out a big "D'OH!" and grumbled at how i couldn't believe what i had just done.

Happy to say, I am not deterred in the least and cannot not wait to do more embossing soon - once i get myself a new VersaMark inkpad!

Looking forward to sharing more of my cardmaking projects with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your comments and appreciate them muchly.