Saturday, 5 January 2013

Birthday Mini Album/CD Case

Fancy that, 2013 already!?! It's funny how a new year has the ability to give us a boost and help us refocus our attention on what we want to achieve professionally, personally, and creatively. Although I'm not one to make new year's resolutions, I do know I want to make time to get stuck into some more layouts for my boys' memory books. 

In December last year, I was crafting my little butt off! One of the big projects I was determined to finish was our wedding album. I am proud to say it was completed before Christmas, just in time for our 10 year wedding anniversary in March this year. I am almost embarrassed to admit it took me this long to get around to doing it!

And then just before Christmas, I went to a super cute Very Hungry Caterpillar 1st birthday party for gorgeous little Isla! 

Here's the card I made for Isla. I am in love with embossing and glitter at the moment. Not to mention Patio Party DSP and the Summer Starfruit stitched satin ribbon! I'm really happy with the colour combination too, it reminds me of all things summery and fun!

All supplies from Stampin' Up!

I took my camera to Isla's party - just incase there was a photo opportunity. As it turned out, I ended up with quite a few photos and decided to have a go at making a photo movie with my favourite images as a gift for Isla's mum and dad. It is amazing how adding music to imagery lifts the photos to another emotional dimension.

Of course, I couldn't just give Janette (Isla's mum) the photo movie CD in just any old cd case, this called for...you guessed it... a CD CASE MINI ALBUM!!

I wanted to make something special for Janette and Daniel (Isla's dad) they could look at in 20 years time and remember Isla's very first birthday.  Something to treasure forever. Look at her, isn't she just beautiful!?!

All supplies from Stampin' Up except date stamp (Amy Tangerine)

The white polka dots on red was created by inking up the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder with Real Red ink, placing a piece of Whisper White card stock inside the embossing folder, and then running it through the Big Shot. A really fun technique to experiment with! Try it with different inks and other embossing folders :-)

I also want to mention Isla's very talented cousins painted the caterpillars onto each of the party bags which were given to each of the kiddies. I cut the image straight from one of the bags we received. 



And lastly, I am still eating grain free. Fresh rocket this time of year is awesome as it is quick and easy, and a good alternative to lettuce! You can change it up by adding either pumpkin, pear, roasted beets. The possibilities are endless. I recently made a "cheese" with macadamia nuts and it is so yum with the rocket salad. To be honest, I put it on everything because it is so delicious. Heaps of macadamia nut cheese recipes on the web, look for one that suits you!

Pan-fried coriander chicken patties, with fresh rocket in a lemon and
olive oil dressing,topped with pan-fried pumpkin
and  roasted macadamia nuts.

That's it from me today! Thanks for stopping by, and I look forward to sharing more of my crafting projects this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your comments and appreciate them muchly.