Wednesday, 26 December 2012

Christmas Holidays 2012

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your friends and family! For me, the joy of Christmas is in watching the growing excitement of our boys as the big day draws near. And I love how generous they become as they save the last two of their favourite cookies for Santa - I'm hoping Santa likes stale cookies!

Despite all my good intentions to be super organised with buying gifts, present wrapping, Christmas light viewing, food preparation and the like, I always manage to get to bed at some insane hour of the morning. Usually an hour or two before the littlies get up wanting to open their presents! 

This Christmas Eve, I was making chocolate crackles and mango and coconut ice cream for the kids. That was in addition to making a card for each of my two boys and hubby. As they had already seen the card i made for friends and family, Isaac had requested something a little different so he would be a surprised on the day. My creative abilities were under pressure, given it was 3am in the morning! 

Here's the card i made for family and a few close friends.  This is a variation of one of the card designs for the stamp-a-stack I had in November. Instead of using the stitched ribbon for bows on the gift boxes, I used the heart from the Owl Builder punch and added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter for sparkle.  

Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla.  Designer Series Paper: Be of Good Cheer.
Stamp Set: Short and Sweet (retired). Inks: Cherry Cobbler.
Accessories: 1cm Stitched Satin Ribbon in Gumball Green, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.

After the three card designs for the stamp-a-stack, and the one for family and friends, I wasn't sure how i was going to come up with another design! I really love the tree in the Snow Swirled stamp set and had been thinking of heat embossing with the white embossing powder. This was the perfect time to test it out. Here's the design I came up with for my little munchkins and hubby. The stripes in the background also add a masculine feel to the design.

Cardstock: Old Olive, Real Red, Very Vanilla.  Stamp Set: Short and Sweet (retired), Snow Swirled. 
Inks: Real Red, VersaMark.  Accessories: White Embossing Powder, 
Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Stripes Embossing Folder (retired).

Hope you are all enjoying your holidays! Thanks again for visiting, come back soon as I will be sharing some photos of a mini album I made recently for a friend of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your comments and appreciate them muchly.