Thursday, 24 January 2013

Be Mine, Valentine.

February 14th. Valentine's Day. The cynic in me says, "Total waste of time, just another ploy to make us spend more money." But then, the girly romantic in me says, "Oh, I hope i get showered with gorgeous flowers and pretty card where my man tells me I light up his life with my presence everyday". Ha! A girl can dream, eh? 

I have been making some Valentine's Day cards. Lots of fun with lots of red cardstock, red ink and Paris themed red washi tape! (thanks Dee, love love love the washi tape from NYC).

The first card uses the Stampin' Up! Core'dinations card stock in real red, which was embossed with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder. I then sanded the paper to reveal the inside layer of card stock. 


Card Stock: Core-dinations in Real Red, Whisper White, Real Red. Stamp Set: You are Loved.Inks: Real Red.
Accessories: Rhinestones, sponge dauber. 

The next card uses the You are Loved stamp set, where the heart image has been heat embossed using white emboss powder.  I really like how the stamped image turns out crisp and clean!   I used the same heart stamp randomly on the crumb cake card stock with crumb cake ink to create a subtle background. The polka dot paper was created by inking up the emboss folder with real red ink, inserting a piece of whisper white paper inside the folder, and then running the whole thing through the bigshot. Really love using this technique.  And lastly, my new love... I added some washi tape.



Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Whisper White. Stamp Set: You are Loved, So Many Sayings (retired).
Inks: Read Red, Crumb Cake, VersaMark. Accessories: White Emboss Powder, Polka Dot emboss folder, Washi Tape. 

This next card was inspired by a little paper envelope I made for one of my scrapbook layouts (will post in next few days!). I cut out the envelope in real red card stock and then stamped only the front panel with the "Valentine's Day" stamp from the You are Loved stamp set. 

The little pink and red hearts were punched out with the Owl Builder Punch, and the larger heart that's tucked partially into the envelope is the from the alphabet dies (retired). I wanted to create something to symbolise being overflowing with love.


Card Stock: Real Red, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla.  Stamp Set: You are Loved, So Many Sayings (retired).
Inks: Read Red.  Accessories: Owl Builder punch.

The last card i made also uses the real red card stock which has been stamped with the Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel stamp in real red ink. I like the subtle effect that comes with using the same colour ink as the card stock. The word VALENTINE uses Amy Tangerine's Thickers with a Stampin' Up! pearl to dot the letter "I". 


Card Stock: Real Red, Crumb Cake, Whisper White.  Stamp Set: Very Vintage Wheel stamp,
So Many Sayings (retired).  Inks: Read Red.  Accessories: Amy Tangerine Thickers, Pearl. 

I had a lot of fun making these cards, and I hope they inspire you to make something too.

Who says you need to wait until Valentine's Day to give someone a card, why not make one today and tell someone how special they are to you!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your comments and appreciate them muchly.