Thursday, 6 February 2014

TUTORIAL | Use a cello bag to position your stamps

Oh dear me. 

I believe my last post was over a week ago... the night before the first day of the school year. 

I have not crafted for maybe two weeks, and I am going a little crazy because that's all I have been thinking about! All in good time.

With school starting, I'm getting used to the school and work routine, impromptu after school errands, and dinner/homework duties.

Who knew that it would be such a challenge to just get myself and the children to bed earlier. And to drink more water. And to eat three meals a day. And to stay cool and calm.

Enough of my ramblings. I'm just popping in to share a little trick I use when I'm feeling unsure how a stamp/s will look on a filler card or photo.

Many of you (if not all!) may do this already or have done so in the past. I tried it out one night when I was too scared to stamp directly on a photo without knowing what it would look like. I'm not great at "visualising" stuff like this.


GATHER YOUR SUPPLIES:
- a cello bag (sometimes called Polypropylene Bags)
- ink 
- stamp/s of your choice (i used stamps from Kellie Stamps)
- filler card or photo of your choice (whatever you want to stamp on!) 


STEP 1:
Open up your cello bag by tearing along the seams. You can use scissors, but i find it easy to just tear. Then you can cut down the middle to make it easier to work with.



STEP 2:
Position the cello sheet over your filler card or photo. 

Ink up and stamp your images onto the cello sheet. This will give you a good idea how the images will look on your filler card or photo without having to waste a filler card/photo whilst you decide stamp placement etc.

I find Stazon ink very good to minimise the risk of smudging the ink onto your fingers and then onto your cards or photos (done that many many times!)



Step 3:
Remove the cello sheet and stamp directly onto your card if you like how it looked when you did your test stamp. If not, repeat step 2 until you get the look you want!

Remember to keep the stamped cello sheets away from your good cards and photos, especially if you have used ink that is not quick drying or smudges to avoid unwanted ink marks.



So that's it! Love a bit of cello bag stamping when I'm feeling undecided and want to experiment. 

Hope to have some layouts to share with you very very soon xx

3 comments:

  1. This is perfection at it's best! I never would had thought Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FANTASTIC idea!!! I am going to have to try this… Clever lady you are Sue ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my.. and I used to do this daily when screen printing and never thought of applying it to stamping.. thanks for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments and appreciate them muchly.