Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Our Story is Their Story.

It's been a little quiet here at The Making Table blog, but there's been some crazy crafting happening at my Making Table in real life!  

Last Friday, SJS and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary! I love that we still talk lots, and laugh lots. I feel very blessed.

Although I had been busy planning ways to document memories for the the boys, I hadn't given much thought to documenting the memories of SJS and I. After all, our memories are just as important because although we remember them, our boys do not. Our story is essentially, THEIR STORY

I had 4 weeks to gather what photos i had from our pre-children days and organise them into an album as an anniversary gift for SJS. The limited number of photos i had were taken on a compact film camera my grandfather gave me when i was 14. And the photos were previously thrown into an album that was literally falling apart. 

I have fully embraced the Project Life way of scrapbooking. It's truly awesome and I love it! I also like combining my traditional 12x12 layouts with my Project Life spreads from time to time. 

I think it fitting that this album I have started will continue on to be our family album. Today I will share mostly the Project Life spreads and leave the 12x12s for my next post. Warning: this post will be very image heavy :-)  


The 6x4 and 3x4 cards in the Airlie Beach spread were created in PhotoShop. Here's the link if you wish to download them. I am very much in love with the Amy Tangerine camera stamp from the Lovestruck set.


Again, the 6x4 and 3x4 cards were created in PhotoShop. Here's the link for you to download if you wish. The RHS will be a traditional 12x12 layout which i am yet to complete so i just inserted a sheet of 12x12 patterned paper (Amy Tangerine's Surrounded from Ready Set Go). I had been looking for this design EVERYWHERE and finally found it at Polka Dot Creative (thanks Jodie!) 


The very cute Studio Calico wood veneer alphabet I used for the title was another item i had been searching for EVERYWHERE and once again, found it at Polka Dot Creative - it's a little treasure trove of goodies over there. 




For the "2001", I used Amy Tangerine's Goodness Thickers which i inked up with Brilliance Granite Black Ink. Also loving Amy's Yes, Please range.  I've used the Commitment paper here in this spread - the cameras are fantastic.


I also bought a whole heap of Ali Edwards' stamps - so glad that I did. They stamp really clean and crisp and I have more on my wish list. I used the Just Awesome tabs, Life Circles and Kids are Cool. I have used Amy Tangerine's Draft and Lovestruck stamps here too. And incase you were wondering, yes, that's me with my crazy windswept hair as i run away from the camera into the ocean.


I'm really happy with how the Farm Trip spread turned out, and as you can see, i LOVE sunsets. I wasn't a big fan of green until now, and the Damask patterned paper from Echo Park (For the Record 2) seemed to highlight the greenery in these photos quite well. 


Using the Ali Edwards stamps again here. And washi tape.


I trimmed up some Simple Stories Sn@p! Yellow/Grid paper for my journalling. I also used a Jillibean Soup sticker on the 3x4 filler card.

Well, if you have stayed and read up to here, THANK YOU. I will be creating a few traditional 12x12 layouts to fill in the gaps in this album. I'll post them when they're done. Feel free to leave a comment - always love hearing from you!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, I'm so glad that you did something like this for the two of you! It is such a precious thing to document your story as a couple, in my opinion.
    Your pages look wonderful too - well done!
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments and appreciate them muchly.