Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Boat trip

I realised I was just taking too long to make a page. According to my calculations, if i take 2 weeks to make one page, I would only complete ONE album a year!  This was not good, considering i have mentally planned 6 albums already.

The BOAT TRIP layout is very simple, with not too many elements as I didn't want to OVERTHINK it, and I wanted to make it quickly.  My focus was the photos and the journalling.  After all, the reason I started scrapbooking was because I wanted my children to look at these albums one day and know their story.  


We took these photos on a boat trip whilst i was pregnant (after the morning sickness phase!) with one of those automatic cameras that took film. As it turned out, i didn't finish the film on the day. When Isaac was about 12 months, I came across the camera and took random snaps around the house to finish off the film. I put the film in the car with every intention to have it processed and never got around to it for 6 years! The film must have been damaged by the heat in the car so the colours are very faded.  Strangely enough, I really love the colours in the photos, and wouldn't mind learning how to recreate this effect.

The photos have been cropped down to squares and matted on Whisper White card stock. The textured background was created with the Stampin' Around Wheel stamp (texture design) The Bashful Blue and EarIy Expresso card stock used for the page's bottom trim has been distressed and the edges accentuated using a sponge dauber and Bashful Blue ink.
  

The title was created with Stampin' Up alphabet dies used through the Big Shot.


This simple little embellishment was created with a nautical theme in mind.


Ideally, I would like to make at least one layout per week.  But with so many side projects on the go, I am hoping I become a little bit more speedy in my crafting!  :)

Stampin' Up!® suppliesStamp Set (Texture Stampin' Around Jumbo Wheel). Classic Stampin' Pad (Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Bashful Blue). Card Stock (Crumb Cake, Early Expresso, Whisper White, Bashful Blue). Accessories (Antique Brads)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your comments and appreciate them muchly.