Friday, 30 May 2014

GUEST POST | Tanyalee from The Drawing Board

Today I am welcoming my first guest Tanyalee (TL), the lovely author of The Drawing Board

We have known each other for over 15 years and she is one of my bestest friends on the planet. TL is a busy mother of three, works full-time, is studying AND finds time to craft in-between responding to my text messages all day lol.

I love TL's crafting style - clean and fresh with the focus on her photos, and always gorgeous. I am in awe of how she picks the most perfect filler cards to highlight the  beautiful tones in her photos, every single time.  

I'll let TL introduce herself further and tell you about the Project Life Challenge we set for ourselves.  


"Well this is a new experience for me. I have only been blogging for five months so making a guest post is a little daunting. But when the idea came up that Sue and I guest post on each other's blog I couldn't pass it up. Thank you my gorgeous friend for having me. 

The idea of this post came up after I took a trip to Queensland in March to visit Sue and her family (and some other friends and family). You see Sue and I have been friends since we worked together at TAFE many years ago. Our friendship developed quickly, but when my family moved to regional Queensland and then Tasmania, and both of our lives became busy with work and family, things changed. 


But thanks to the wonders of the digital age and social media we connected again and have rediscovered all of the things we have in common. We 'talk' to each other every day - numerous times a day. Sue is like the sister I never had - and I love her to bits. To be honest, sometimes I don't know what I would do without her. 

So more about our challenge. Before I even made it to Queensland we came up with the idea of creating a layout using photos that we took during the visit. The catch was that we couldn't share our progress with each as the end result had to be a surprise. 


I totally underestimated how hard that would be. You see we share progress shots with everything we work on. We help each other with card choices and photo placements and colour matching. I guess you could say we cyber-scrap. 


Well enough about that. Let's get down to the business end of this post. The reveal of my Queensland visit Project Life page. 







We both have very similar styles with our Project Life so I was very excited to see Sue's layout. If you want to check it out too, it's over on my blog The Drawing Board now. 

This was such a fun challenge. I can't wait till our next adventure - and our next crafting challenge. Stay tuned. 


Thanks for letting me hijack your blog today Sue. Love you long time girlfriend. Xx"


Thank you my beautiful friend for popping in and sharing your amazing page. So much fun and can't wait for our next catch up so we can do it all again xx

To see more of Tanyalee's work, visit her blog The Drawing Board.

3 comments:

  1. This challenge was a great idea! Loved to see how different the layouts are ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a really fun challenge Piroska! We sent our pages to each other at the same time and I was giggling with anticipation. Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :)

      Delete
  2. what a fabulous idea!!! I have both pages open so I can see them side by side :D they both look wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments and appreciate them muchly.