Friday, 27 December 2013

ON MY MIND | What's the plan for 2014?

Hope you all had a lovely festive season! 

Our Christmas morning was a flurry of excitement with wrapping paper flying everywhere and a lot of woah's, cool and awesome's thrown around by two very happy little boys.

And then lunch and swim at my brother in law's place where hubby and his brothers competed to see who could fire the quickest and best sibling insult, and the boys and their cousins played and laughed. It made me realise how lucky I am to have such beautiful people in my life -- quick witted as well.

So there are only 5 more days until we see in 2014! 

I do not set goals specifically for a new year as I like the option to start them at anytime I am motivated to do so. (less pressure!)

Having said that, the closing of one year and the beginning of another always inspires me to assess where I am at, and where I would like to be heading.

Right now, my aim is quite simple. It is about making IMPROVEMENTS to the way I am currently doing things. 

This is what it comes down to:

1. Eat more regularly and stop skipping meals
2. Drink more water
3. Go to bed earlier
4. Be more present and patient with my little boys
5. Have more family time together
5. Visit my mum more often
6. Be more organised so that the boys are fed and get into bed earlier

There is nothing about work, money, holidays, Project Life or digital designing. That’s because the most important thing for now is to build good foundations and hopefully the rest will fall into place.

I most definitely have creative projects I have on the go, namely getting my boys’ photos into albums. But these are ongoing and I continue to chip away at it. And it’s something I love doing so I don’t need a reminder to get onto them!

I found this awesome quote on pinterest yesterday that I have added to a photo I took  last year at the Mt Cootha Botanical Gardens. This quote resonates with me so much that I will be pinning it on my PHYSCIAL WALL in my craft room.


What is on your radar at the moment for change or improvement? Do you make New Year's resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your comments and appreciate them muchly.