Tuesday, 8 July 2014

PROJECT LIFE | Finishing August 2013 PL pages

It has been such a long time since I have worked on my Project Life pages. August 2013 has been on my to-do list for almost 3 months! I shared some of August here and here.

I have managed to get some other little creative projects done in that time, such as the baby photo shoot from which I produced a mini album and photo movie here.

But mostly, over the past few months, I have been re-evaluating my priorities and my want to spend more time with my family and less time in front of my computer and phone. 

There is less than a week left of the school holidays and it has gone so quickly! As it always does. 

I have made an extra effort to be more present with the boys this mid-year break, and not look at the holidays as my time to "catch up" on my Project Life. The holidays is my time to really enjoy and connect with my babies who are growing up way too fast.

I have accepted that crafting is an after-hours gig, to be enjoyed after the little ones are asleep. 

Anyway, I've had some late nights (an old habit i'm still trying to kick) and I have now completed a 2-page spread and a 1-pager for August 2013. I only have one more page to finish the month off!

Here's a look at the pages.

Patterned Paper from Amy Tangerine's Plus One (The Stamp Spot)

LHS:



RHS:

Kellie Stamps: Magical stamp set

Here's a close up of the stamp I used from Kellie Stamps' Magical set. I love this quote.



The boys had the chickenpox for most of August so it was nice to see them out and about and a lot less spotty towards the end of the month. Here's the page I did about their weekend adventures.



Thanks for stopping by, and I will leave you with one of my favourite quotes.


"Perhaps parents would enjoy their children more 
if they stopped to realize that the film of childhood 

can never be run through for a second showing." 
-- Evelyn Nown.

1 comment:

  1. Sue I agree totally. I am also wanting to spend more time with my brood. We've just had one week of school holidays. This week they are visiting their dad. Therefore, it's my time to catch up on my creative projects. As I embark on my week 'alone' I don't feel guilty in getting creative because we had such a close week together. Everybody wins. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments and appreciate them muchly.