Friday, 19 September 2014

PROJECT LIFE | King Island

School holidays starts...NOW!

I am grateful that I am able to work from home over the September break.

A few weeks ago I started on selecting and editing photos from an afternoon at King Island. It sounds rather tropical because it's an "island" but really, it wasn't that exotic. That's not to say it wasn't an awesome afternoon with my three boys.

Starting with over 100 photos, I managed to cut it down to 23. There was little hope of fitting it all into 2 pages as originally planned. We were only there for 4 hours! 

Memory keeping lesson I learnt from this spread:
I don't need to obsess about the journalling. I need only journal if there is something I want to say, or if a story needs to be told. There's no need to journal just for the sake of filling up a journalling card. 

Today I'm sharing the first two pages:



Here's a close up:


Supplies: Goals stamp set from Kellie Stamps, Freebie "Adventure" card from Kelsey, Especially.

I like creating simple filler cards with stamps, and I'm a bit crazy for inspirational words words and quotes. I used two of the stamps from Kellie Stamps' Goals set here:




Photo from kelliestamps@bigcartel.com 

Thank you for having a look at my pages. I'll be back next week to share the rest!

In the meantime, enjoy your weekend! xx 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Janice! And thank you so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Sue - love the lesson that there's no need to journal just for the sake of filling up a journaling card. I need to remember that one. Gorgeous pages as always. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your lovely comment and for your ongoing support! Yes, I tend to overthink and feel like I have to write something more meaningful or more descriptive in every single page for every single photo. Time to let go :)

      Delete

I love receiving your comments and appreciate them muchly.