Monday, 22 July 2013

What documenting life means to me?

What does memory keeping and documenting life mean to me? A quote from the movie Shall We Dance (2004) sums up why I do, what I do

"Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. 
Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness." 

By taking the time to document my children's day-to-day, I am showing them they are important and loved, and I am a witness to their lives. And in turn, by also documenting my own life, my children become a witness to mine.

I was recently compelled to share with a fellow memory keeper whom I admire and respect, the story of the first time I heard this quote. I wanted to tell how I had a moment of profound clarity, joy, and gratitude for my husband who was most certainly a witness to my life, during a time of adversity. This quote resonates with me on many levels.

I believe we are giving our children and our loved ones a priceless gift when we document their lives - for them to know they are loved, important and that they really matter.

I have created some 3x4 filler cards with the quote, which you are welcome to download for your own personal use. Maybe you will come to love this quote as much as I do. xx


4 comments:

  1. I think this quote is absolutely amazing and I just love it. When you shared your story it seemed to all fit into place and made me not only like it that much more, but love it even more, because of the depth in which you hold the quote. Thank you Sue for the cards, I will definitely be using one. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kellie, it's so nice to be able to share this with others who feel the same way xx

      Delete
  2. It's a beautiful quote Sue!! And beautiful journaling cards too!!
    KIM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by Kim, hope you find the cards useful :-)

      Delete

I love receiving your comments and appreciate them muchly.