Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Home

You may have noticed, I am in catch up mode with my layouts. And I am going back 8 years to when we welcomed home our first baby. I think mentally, I need to scrap some of those very early photos so I can really feel like I have made a good start. So bear with me for the next couple of layouts, it's going to be all about baby!

I had always thought I would use lots of baby blue cardstock when doing these layouts. But what I'm discovering is that I love the aquas, mints and kraft colour combinations. It is so fresh, versatile and well suited to baby layouts.  

This first layout titled HOME is a photo of Isaac when we first brought him home from the hospital. Oh, so tiny! I chose the Aspen Place paper from American Crafts' Dear Lizzy collection because it has these cute pictures of houses and sentiments such as "no place like home" or "home sweet home". To frame the photo is the flip side of the Aspen Place paper. The journalling is a grid paper from the Simple Stories SN@P Life paper pad and held in place by some washi tape.

Supplies: Paper - American Crafts, Cardstock and Vellum - Stampin' Up! Stamps - Amy Tangerine,
Stickers -  Jillibean Soup.
For the title, I glued the patterned paper onto chipboard and die cut the letters with the Simple Letters alphabet dies (retired) from Stampin' Up! Using the same paper in the title gives repetition and visually ties the page together.


Here's a close up of the patterned paper. So pretty! I also used some stamps from Amy Tangerine and VersaFine ink in Onyx Black. 



I used a circle punch to punch out a sentiment from the Aspen Place paper and I also punched another 3 circles from kraft coloured card stock. I glued all the cardstock circles in a stack, and then glued the sentiment on top. This gives the punched sentiment dimension.  I also lightly sponged the edges of my circle stack with Soft Suede ink (Stampin' Up!) to further add the illusion of dimension. I have also used some washi tape and a sticker from Jillibean Soup.



Thanks again for visiting! I have a few more baby layouts of Isaac to share before I start his toddler years. I love this trip down memory lane - very special!

1 comment:

  1. I love your work. Keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments and appreciate them muchly.